· Full CMYK color capabilities
· Excellent for architectural, trade show, and medical training models
· Great for master patterns or tooling for vacuum forming and casting
· Easy to paint, sand and finish
· Very fast turnaround
ColorJet Design Guidelines
ColorJet prints go though two-stages of post-processing:
1) The parts are taken off the printer, and any excess powdered material is removed by compressed air. Parts in this stage are delicate and prone to breakage. For this reason, it is important to adhere to guidelines for detail thickness.
2) Once all excess material is removed, the parts are then infused with cyanoacrylate (AKA superglue) to give them rigidity and strength. Once this is complete, the parts have reached their full strength and are much less likely to break.
Please note that these are are guidelines, not hard-and-fast rules. Follow these, and you should be in pretty good shape. We'll let you know if we see any problems with your design.
|Maximum Part Size||15 x 10 x 8*||381 x 254 x 203*|
|Minimum Supported Wall Thickness||0.080||2.00|
|Minimum Unsupported Wall Thickness||0.060||1.50|
|Minimum Supported Bosses||0.080||2.00|
|Minimum Unsupported Bosses||0.060||1.50|
|Minimum Embossed Detail (Height and Width)||0.015||0.40|
|Minimum Engraved Detail (Height and Width)||0.015||0.40|
|Clearance Between Parts/Bodies||0.020||0.50|
*Build volume is 10 x 15 x 8 inches. Larger models can be made in sections and pieced together after printing.
This data is provided for the convenience of our customers. It does not on its own represent a sufficient basis for any part design, nor does it provide any agreement about or guarantee the specific properties of a product or part or the suitability of a product or part for a specific application. It is the
responsibility of the producer or customer of a part to check its properties as well as its suitability for a particular purpose. This also applies to any possible intellectual property rights as well as regional laws and regulations. The data are subject to change without notice.
|Property||Imperial (KSI)||Metric (MPa)|
|Elongation at Break||0.23%||0.23%|