· Full CMYK Color Capabilities
· Excellent for Architectural, Tradeshow, and Medical Training Models
· Great for Master Patterns/Tooling for Vacuum-forming and Casting Projects
· Sandable, Paintable, easy to finish.
· One of the fastest turnaround options
Colorjet Design Guidelines:
Please note that these are are GUIDELINES, not hard and fast rules. Follow these and you should be in pretty good shape, but we'll let you know if we see any problems.
ColorJet prints go though two-stages of post-processing:
1) The parts are removed from the printer and any excess powdered material is removed by compressed air. Parts in this stage are delicate and prone to breakage. Ask yourself, "If this part were a potato chip or sandcastle, would it be very delicate?" If the answer is yes, there's a good bet that it could break during this stage.
2) Once all excess material is removed, the parts are then infused with cyanoacrylate (AKA, superglue) to give them rigidity and strength. Once this is complete, the parts have reached their full strength and are much less likely to break.
|Maximum part size||15 x 10 x 8*||381 x 254 x 203*|
|Minimum Supported Wall Thickness||0.080||2.00|
|Minimum Unsupported Wall Thickness||0.060||1.50|
|Minimum Supported Bosses||0.080||2.00|
|Minimum Unsupported Bosses||0.060||1.50|
|Minimum Embossed Detail (Height and Width)||0.015||0.40|
|Minimum Engraved Detail (Height and Width)||0.015||0.40|
|Clearance Between Parts/Bodies||0.020||0.50|
*Build volume is 10 x 15 x 8 inches. Larger models can be made in sections and pieced together after printing.
Please note that this data is provided for the convenience of our customers. It does not on its own represent a sufficient basis for any part design, nor does it provide any agreement about or guarantee the specific properties of a product or part or the suitability of a product or part for a specific application. It is the
responsibility of the producer or customer of a part to check its properties as well as its suitability for a particular purpose. This also applies regarding the consideration of possible intellectual property rights as well as laws and regulations. The data are subject to change without notice.
|Property||Imperial (KSI)||Metric (MPa)|
|Elongation at Break||0.23%||0.23%|