RapidMade now has a Fortus450
- Accurate Parts: are produced within an accuracy of ± .127 mm (± .005 in.) or ± .0015 mm/mm (± .0015 in/in), whichever is greater. (Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.)
- Easily Created Jigs and Fixtures: The Fortus 450mc systems provides a fast and accurate means of producing jigs and fixtures. The efficiency of the FDM 3D Printing process makes it practical to optimize jig and fixture designs. Engineers can easily evaluate the performance of a printed tool and make quick, cost-efficient adjustments to the design as needed.
- Low-volume Production: Printing a low-volume production run with a Fortus 450mc can maximize sales opportunities while minimizing cost and lead time because there’s no minimum quantity requirement. Plus, part complexity doesn’t add time or cost, so production can begin as soon as the CAD files are sent to the 3D production system.
- Parts Created Faster than Traditional Manufacturing: 3D printing can produce parts more quickly than conventional tooling methods and that could mean getting products to market faster. The Fortus 450mc offers different print speeds and quality options so you can obtain the quality of parts you require at the fastest speed.
The Fortus 450mc builds parts in these production-grade thermoplastics:
- ULTEM 9085 for high strength-to-weight ratio and favorable FST rating.
- ULTEM 1010 for the best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties.
- ABS-M30 in six colors for great tensile, impact and flexural strength and environmental stability
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ASA for UV stability and the best aesthetics
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
Aviation & Aerospace
The Fortus 450mc has replaced the Fortus 380mc and provides three distinct advantages: a larger build envelope at 406 x 355 x 406 mm (16 x 14 x 16 in.), additional bays for material and support delivery canisters, plus the ability to print in ULTEM material.
- Nine Production-grade Materials
- Delivers models in ABS, ASA, PC, Nylon12, ULTEM 9085, and ULTEM 1010 production-grade thermoplastics used in real manufacturing applications.
- Easier to Use
- The Fortus 450mc features an all-new touchscreen interface for straightforward operation and maintenance.
- Faster Production Runs
- The Fortus 450mc can build complex parts faster than it’s predecessors, and offers the same fast build time as other production machines.
- ABS, PC, and Nylon Thermoplastic Materials
- Layer Thickness:
- 0.330 mm (0.013 in.)
- 0.254 mm (0.010 in.)
- 0.178 mm (0.007 in.)
- 0.127 mm (0.005 in.)