Colorjet 3D Printing
Take advantage of the only full color 3D printing technology in the world
- Full color, ceramic-like composite material.ColorJet 3D printers are some of the fastest on the market and turn around time can be as little as a single day.
- A full palette of over 390,000 colors Create colorful models that catch the eye.
- Show fine, hidden, or internal details of complex designs. Produce inexpensive form/fit prototypes quickly.
- Excellent for art projects, architectural models, and many other applications.
- High quality sanded finishes available for projects in need of extra polish.
- RapidMade runs parts on a Projet 660, also called the ZPrinter 650 - by far the best color 3D printer on the market.
Please note that these are are GUIDELINES, not hard and fast rules. Follow these and you should be in pretty good shape, but we'll let you know if we see any problems.
ColorJet prints go though two-stages of post-processing:
1) The parts are removed from the printer and any excess powdered material is removed by compressed air. Parts in this stage are delicate and prone to breakage. Ask yourself, "If this part were a potato chip or sandcastle, would it be very delicate?" If the answer is yes, there's a good bet that it could break during this stage.
2) Once all excess material is removed, the parts are then infused with cyanoacrylate (AKA, superglue) to give them rigidity and strength. Once this is complete, the parts have reached their full strength and are much less likely to break.
|Maximum part size||15 x 10 x 8*||381 x 254 x 203*|
|Minimum Supported Wall Thickness||0.080||2.00|
|Minimum Unsupported Wall Thickness||0.060||1.50|
|Minimum Supported Bosses||0.080||2.00|
|Minimum Unsupported Bosses||0.060||1.50|
|Minimum Embossed Detail (Height and Width)||0.015||0.40|
|Minimum Engraved Detail (Height and Width)||0.015||0.40|
|Clearance Between Parts/Bodies||0.020||0.50|
*Build volume is 10 x 15 x 8 inches. Larger models can be made in sections and pieced together after printing.
Please note that this data is provided for the convenience of our customers. It does not on its own represent a sufficient basis for any part design, nor does it provide any agreement about or guarantee the specific properties of a product or part or the suitability of a product or part for a specific application. It is the
responsibility of the producer or customer of a part to check its properties as well as its suitability for a particular purpose. This also applies regarding the consideration of possible intellectual property rights as well as laws and regulations. The data are subject to change without notice.
|Property||Imperial (KSI)||Metric (MPa)|
|Elongation at Break||0.23%||0.23%|
Jeff Mason, PE, Sales Engineer/Business Development Specialist, US Pipe