Stereolithography (SL or SLA)
This old standard has high detail, smooth finish and many material options
- Provides similar surface resolution to Polyjet and Multijet but builds faster and requires less support material.
- Has the largest build volume for high resolution parts and after large format SLS and FDM parts.
- Makes great aesthetic models and casting patterns.
- Clear, translucent and opaque materials available.
- Materials that mimic properties of ABS, polycarbonate and polypropylene available.
Please note that these are are GUIDELINES, not hard and fast rules. Follow these and you should be in pretty good shape, but we'll let you know if we see any problems.
|Min Supported Wall Thickness||0.030||0.75|
|Min Unsupported Wall Thickness||0.040||1.00|
|Min Supported Bosses||0.030||0.75|
|Min Unsupported Bosses||0.040||1.00|
|Min Embossed Detail (Height and Width)||0.010||0.25|
|Min Engraved Detail (Height and Width)||0.010||0.25|
Standard Material Properties
Visijet Impact SLA Resin
|Elongation at Break||14||%|
|Impact Strength (Notched Izod)||65||J/m|
|HDT @ 0.45 MPa||47||°C|
|HDT @ 1.82 MPa||42||°C|
|Glass Transition (Tg)||65||°C|