Try our 3D Printing Services!
Please Read the Fine Print:
- The minimum order value is $150.
- Orders placed after our 4PM EST / 1PM PST cutoff Monday thru Friday or on weekends will be initiated next business day.
2 business day RUSH orders placed before the cutoff: Saturday/Sunday/Monday ship on Wednesday, Tuesday on Thursday, Wednesday on Friday, Thursday on Monday, Friday on Tuesday.
5 business day STANDARD orders placed before the cutoff: Saturday/Sunday/Monday ship next Monday, Tuesday next Tuesday, Wednesday next Wednesday, Thursday next Thursday, Friday next Friday.
- Please make sure your units (in or mm) are correct in the left-hand column. STL files have no units and must be user defined.
- Large files may take time to process and the maximum acceptable file size is 50mb.
- No order is ever initiated without a payment or purchase order (if you are approved for terms.)
- Parts must conform to specifications below under the See Material Options menu or the order might be rejected. Minimum wall thickness requirements are particularly important.
- Threads thinner than each machine’s minimum wall thickness in plastic will not resolve and are best done by hand. Metal cannot print threads. Heat stake brass inserts can be ordered for Jet Fusion nylon and Filament Extrusion ABS parts under Finishing Options. Clearance for mates should be 0.020″ or 0.5mm.
- As a general rule, plastic printed parts have best accuracy and quality when designed similarly to injection molded parts. Walls thicker than 0.250” and unfilleted edges can particularly cause quality issues. If your parts ignore these rules, the tolerances may be worse than our guidelines – uncontrolled dimensional growth and shrinkage. You may also get surface defects like “elephant skin” (surface cracking,) “thermal bleed” (fused powder on the surface) and “meniscus” (significant surface sink.) Less material saves money too!
- Parts larger than a printer’s bed size will need to be bonded together from multiple pieces. Hollow parts will need to include outlet holes to let out support material. Customers approve all splits before production.
- Do not have multiple bodies in the same file. That is very difficult for the shop to process and parts too close together will fuse.
- Orders over $10,000 in Jet Fusion and $1,500 in other processes may have lead times beyond 5 business days. Rush orders over $2500 in Jet Fusion and $750 in other processes may take longer than 2 business days. Custom lead times will be communicated during scheduling. Please contact sales before ordering if you are concerned about the ship date.
- .PDF, .DXF, .DWG and other 2D drawing formats are not supported by the tool. Models must be 3D CAD files to quote via the tool – over 45 CAD formats supported including STL, OBJ, SLDPRT, STP/STEP, IGS/IGES, 3DM, X_T, IPT and much more! Please contact sales for consultations on drawings and pictures.
- Large, flat parts may be warp prone in all technologies but FDM. There are no hard/fast rules for this and parts will be reviewed and flagged by print technicians. Like injection molding ribs help significantly with geometric stability if designed correctly. Ribs should be 1/3 to 1/2 wall thickness with filets as large as possible. If you have concerns before ordering, please use our chat feature for a consultation. We will review all files for printability and give feedback upon which we can cancel the part order or run on a best effort basis with your approval.
- If you have deep, thin holes with little or no line of sight, please consult with our staff. We may have issues clearing them out and in some cases could fuse shut if your part is thick enough. Depending on your design parts may have to be drilled out after printing.
- Will Call is available for Oregon and Washington customers. Will call is open 10am – 12pm and 4pm to 6pm Monday through Friday for standard orders. Rush orders can coordinate with the sales team for extended pick up hours.
See Material Options
Jet Fusion | Low Cost Production | Nylon 12 & TPU Rubber
- The best all-around technology for production applications
- High volume, strong and lowest cost
- Extreme detail with quality matte finish
- Real thermoplastic parts with additional finishes
- Functional prototypes, industrial-strength parts, and short run production
- Minimum wall thickness: 0.020″
- Accuracy: +/-0.012” or +/-0.2%, whichever is greater
- Resolution: 0.0015″
- Build bed size: 14.95″ x 11.2″ x 14.95″
High Speed SLA | Ultra High Resolution | Various Materials
- Highest level 3D print detail and surface finish for prototyping and production
- White CE and clear acrylic, rigid
- Digital ABS black, engineering plastic
- Digital Polypropylene clear, flexible plastic
- Minimum wall thickness: 0.040″
- Accuracy: +/-0.012” or +/-0.2%, whichever is greater
- Resolution: Up to 75um
- Build bed size: 10.8″ x 6.3″ x 15.7″
Filament Extrusion | High Accuracy | ABS
- Versatile option for functional parts and prototypes
- Highest accuracy
- Lowest resolution finish and slow print speed
- The largest number of colors available
- Minimum wall thickness: 0.020″
- Accuracy: +/-0.010″
- Resolution: 0.010″ or 0.007″ (hi-res mode)
- Build bed size: 10” x 10″ x 12″
Direct Metal | Low Volume Parts and Prototypes | Stainless Steel Bronze
- Strong 60% steel 40% bronze material
- Medium-quality detail and finish
- Offers three very unique metal finishes
- Good choice for prototypes or very small runs of metal parts
- Minimum wall thickness: 0.040” (No knife edges)
- Accuracy: +/-5%
- Resolution: 0.004”
- Build bed size: 15.7” x 9.8” x 9.8”
Our Guarantee: We are dedicated to continuous improvement, industry leading customer service and your complete satisfaction. We are working toward over 99% on-time and quality for orders.
Designing the Future: Unleashing Creativity with 3D Printing Services
Welcome to the future of design where creativity knows no bounds. With the advent of 3D printing services, the possibilities are endless for unleashing your imagination and bringing your ideas to life in ways you never thought possible. From intricate prototypes to stunning art pieces, 3D printing is revolutionizing the way we design and create.
At RapidMade, we understand the power of 3D printing and its ability to transform industries and push the boundaries of innovation. Our team of experts is dedicated to providing top-notch 3D printing services that cater to your unique needs, whether you’re a small business, a creative individual, or a large-scale manufacturer.
Harnessing the latest technologies and materials, we offer a wide range of 3D printing solutions that can turn your ideas into reality. Imagine being able to hold a physical model of your product before it’s even manufactured or being able to create custom-made parts with intricate details impossible to achieve through traditional manufacturing methods.
Join us on this exciting journey into the future of design. Together, let’s unlock the potential of 3D printing and unleash the full force of your creativity.
Advantages of using 3D printing services
3D printing offers a multitude of advantages that traditional manufacturing methods simply cannot match. One of the most significant benefits is the ability to create complex geometries and intricate designs with ease. Traditional manufacturing methods often have limitations when it comes to producing intricate details, but with 3D printing, the sky’s the limit. Whether you’re creating a prototype for a new product or a custom-made part, 3D printing allows you to bring your vision to life with precision and accuracy.
Another advantage of 3D printing is the speed at which designs can be produced. Traditional manufacturing methods can be time-consuming, with lengthy production cycles and lead times. In contrast, 3D printing enables rapid prototyping and on-demand manufacturing, reducing the time it takes to bring a product to market. This speed and agility can give businesses a competitive edge by allowing them to iterate quickly, respond to market demands, and stay ahead of the competition.
Furthermore, 3D printing offers cost-effective solutions for manufacturing complex designs. Traditional manufacturing methods often require expensive tooling and molds, which can be prohibitive for small businesses or startups. 3D printing eliminates the need for these costly upfront investments, making it more accessible and affordable for businesses of all sizes. Additionally, 3D printing allows for on-demand production, reducing inventory costs and waste associated with overproduction.
Applications of 3D printing in different industries
The versatility of 3D printing has led to its adoption across a wide range of industries. One of the most prominent applications of 3D printing is in the field of healthcare. Medical professionals are utilizing 3D printing to create custom implants, prosthetics, and surgical guides tailored to individual patients’ needs. This personalized approach not only improves patient outcomes but also reduces costs and speeds up the production process.
In the automotive industry, 3D printing is revolutionizing the way vehicles are designed and manufactured. From prototyping and tooling to custom parts production, 3D printing offers automotive manufacturers the flexibility and efficiency they need to stay competitive in a rapidly evolving industry. It enables them to create lightweight components, optimize designs for performance, and reduce production time, ultimately leading to improved fuel efficiency and cost savings.
The aerospace industry is also embracing 3D printing for its ability to produce lightweight, complex components that meet stringent performance requirements. By reducing the weight of aircraft parts, 3D printing contributes to fuel savings and lower emissions, making air travel more sustainable. Additionally, 3D printing allows for rapid prototyping and customization, enabling aerospace companies to iterate quickly and develop innovative solutions.
The robotics industry is increasingly leveraging 3D printing for its unique advantages in low volume production. This technology offers a significant cost reduction for short-run manufacturing, eliminating the need for expensive tooling and molds. With 3D printing, companies can produce intricate robotic parts on-demand, drastically reducing inventory costs and storage requirements. This flexibility is especially beneficial for custom or specialized robotic components, where traditional manufacturing methods are not cost-effective for small quantities. The result is a more agile production process, allowing robotics companies to efficiently manage resources and respond quickly to market changes or specific customer needs.
How RapidMade’s 3D printing services work
RapidMade simplifies the manufacturing process by offering two convenient ways for clients to access our services:
Instant Quote System: For tech-savvy customers who prefer a fast and straightforward approach, our website features an instant quote system. Here, clients can easily upload their CAD models and specifications. The system quickly analyzes the design and provides an immediate, accurate quote for the project. This method is ideal for those who need quick turnaround times and have a clear understanding of their requirements. The instant quote tool is on this page above.
Consultation and Manual Quotes: For clients who are less comfortable with technology or who require more complex projects, we offer personalized consultations. Our experienced team works closely with these clients to understand their specific needs and challenges. After a thorough discussion and review of the project requirements, we provide a detailed, manually-prepared quote. This approach ensures that clients who prefer a more hands-on experience or have intricate projects receive the tailored assistance they need.
Both options are designed to cater to the diverse preferences and requirements of our clients, ensuring a seamless and efficient experience with RapidMade.
Why choose RapidMade for 3D printing services
When it comes to 3D printing services, choosing the right provider is crucial to the success of your project. At RapidMade, we differentiate ourselves by offering a combination of expertise, quality, and customer service that is second to none.
Our team of experienced professionals has a deep understanding of the capabilities and limitations of 3D printing, enabling us to provide valuable insights and guidance throughout the design and manufacturing process. We work collaboratively with our clients to ensure that their vision is realized and that the final product exceeds their expectations.
In addition to our expertise, we are committed to using the highest quality materials and technologies to produce exceptional results. We invest in the latest 3D printing equipment and materials to ensure that we can deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. Whether you need a prototype, a custom part, or a production run, you can trust RapidMade to deliver superior quality products that are built to last.
Furthermore, we understand the importance of excellent customer service. We strive to provide a seamless and enjoyable experience for our clients, from the initial consultation to the final delivery. Our team is always available to answer your questions, provide updates on your project, and address any concerns you may have. We believe in building strong, long-lasting relationships with our clients, and we are dedicated to your satisfaction.
Factors to consider when designing for 3D printing
Designing for 3D printing requires a slightly different approach compared to traditional manufacturing methods. Here are some key factors to consider when designing for 3D printing:
1. Geometry: 3D printers work by building up layers of material, so designs with overhangs or complex geometries may require support structures. It’s essential to consider the orientation and support requirements of your design to ensure successful printing.
2. Material selection: Different materials have varying properties and characteristics, so it’s crucial to select the right material for your specific application. Consider factors such as strength, flexibility, heat resistance, and durability when choosing a material for your 3D printed design.
3. Wall thickness: 3D printing can achieve intricate details, but it’s important to ensure that the walls of your design are thick enough to maintain structural integrity. Thin walls may result in a fragile or weak final product.
4. File preparation: Before sending your design for 3D printing, it’s essential to prepare the file correctly. This involves checking for errors, ensuring the file is in the correct format, and optimizing it for printing. Pay attention to details like file resolution and scaling to achieve the desired outcome.
By considering these factors during the design phase, you can optimize your design for 3D printing and ensure a successful outcome. We have issues in depth design guidelines for our print services which can be found on each services page. We also have general design guidelines for 3D printing.
Cost considerations of 3D printing services
While 3D printing offers many advantages, it’s important to be mindful of the cost implications. The cost of 3D printing services can vary depending on several factors, including the complexity of the design, the size of the part, the material used, and the quantity produced.
For simple designs and small parts, 3D printing can be a cost-effective solution compared to traditional manufacturing methods. However, as the complexity and size of the design increase, so does the cost. Designs with intricate details or large dimensions may require additional time, materials, or post-processing, resulting in higher costs. Larger parts are harder to control dimensionally and are more prone to high cost scrap / failures.
It’s also important to consider the quantity produced. While 3D printing excels at low-volume production and one-off creations, it may not be the most cost-effective option for large-scale manufacturing. Traditional manufacturing methods may offer economies of scale that can drive down costs for high-volume production runs. 3D printing, particularly MJF (Multi Jet Fusion), is a scalable solution for thousands of parts when they are small. When quantities are in the tens of thousands or parts are large 3D printing is typically not the best solution.
When considering the cost of 3D printing services, it’s essential to weigh the benefits and limitations against your specific project requirements and budget. A thorough assessment of your needs and a detailed cost analysis will help you make an informed decision.
Examples of successful designs created with 3D printing services
To illustrate the power and potential of 3D printing, let’s take a look at some real-life case studies where this technology has made a significant impact:
1. Medical Implants: 3D printing has revolutionized the production of medical implants, such as hip and knee replacements. By using patient-specific data, surgeons can create custom implants that fit perfectly, reducing the risk of complications and improving patient outcomes.
2. Art and Sculpture: Artists and sculptors are using 3D printing to bring their visions to life. Complex and intricate designs that were once challenging to create by hand can now be realized with ease using 3D printing technology.
3. Aerospace Components: The aerospace industry relies on lightweight, high-performance components. 3D printing allows for the production of complex, lightweight parts that meet the strict requirements of the industry, resulting in improved fuel efficiency and reduced costs.
These examples highlight the diverse range of applications for 3D printing and how it can transform industries and unleash creativity in unique and meaningful ways.
Your future of design with 3D printing
As we look ahead to the future of design, 3D printing will undoubtedly play a significant role in shaping the way we create and innovate. The possibilities are endless, and the only limitation is our imagination.
Whether you’re a small business looking to bring a new product to market, an artist seeking to push the boundaries of your craft, or a large-scale manufacturer aiming to optimize production processes, 3D printing services can unlock new opportunities and revolutionize your approach to design.
At RapidMade, we are passionate about harnessing the full potential of 3D printing and helping our clients achieve their design goals. With our expertise, cutting-edge technologies, and commitment to excellence, we can turn your ideas into reality and propel you into the future of design.
Join us on this exciting journey and experience the transformative power of 3D printing. Contact us today to explore how our 3D printing services can unleash the full force of your creativity and propel your design projects to new heights.