A recent Forbes article described a PwC report that detailed 7 ways manufacturing firms confide 3D printing helps thembecome more competitive. They argue:
- Increasingly (71.1%), responding companies use the the technology for prototypes and final parts.
- Over half believe its use will be expanded to include high-volume production within 5 years.
- Surprisingly, only a quarter predict Additive Manufacturing will disrupt their supply chains in the short term.
- Almost 53% feel 3D printing will gain a greater foothold in the parts/products after-market.
- A majority (64%) anticipate Additive Manufacturing will be used to reproduce obsolete components.
- Of those organizations that already use 3D printing, more than half believe their peers will adopt the technology within 5 years.
- Firms continue to believe that technology costs and qualified labor shortages will slow greater adoption of 3D printing use.
To learn more about how additive manufacturing can help your company, contact RapidMade.